Founded in 1849 as a carpentry business in Altheim, Wiesner-Hager began the production of seating furniture in 1921. In the following years the product range was extended to include some more business areas such as theatre, cinema, restaurants, and domestic furniture.
In the middle of the 20th century contract furniture was added to the product line. Through major signature projects like furnishing the Wiener Staatsoper (1955) or the Brucknerhaus in Linz (1974) Wiesner-Hager could consolidate its market position as Austria’s No. 1.